WHY CLEAN YOUR FURNACE AND DUCTS?
Dirty neglected ducts can leave the air inside your home full of dust, bacteria, mites and sometimes even mold. This can be dangerous for
children and people with sensitive immune systems or allergies. It can also be a fire hazard. Neglected ducts could lead to your furnace
not operating as efficiently as it should since air flow is prohibited by clogged ducts. Regular duct cleaning is a necessity for a safe,
healthy home and safe, healthy inhabitants.
What Do Our HVAC Techs Do to Clean Your Ducts?
Our trained technicians use an extremely powerful vacuum installed in our service trucks. They will run a long hose to the furnace area
and after detaching the blower motor, it will attach to the blower compartment. Compressed air is used to free dust and dirt from the
furnace ducts and sucked through the hose to the service truck. On top of that we also:
- Clean all registers
- Clean the furnace fan
- Clean the inside of the ducts
- Clean the inside of the heating system
- Clean air conditioning coils
- Clean the heat exchanger
- Clean the coil drain pan
- Clean the blower blades
- Remove all debris from plenums
- Replace any filters that are broken or not fitting properly
- Reattach all registers
What Should You Do to Prepare For a Duct Cleaning Appointment?
Take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for your HVAC contractor’s visit. Following this simple checklist before your appointment will
help us get straight to servicing your system.
- Know where all the heating and cooling units are in your home
- Be ready to explain clearly what problems you’ve had
- Know when your problems began
- Be prepared to have a technician in every room of your house
- Make sure the system is accessible by the technician, including units in crawl spaces or attics
- Put pets in a separate room
- Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your technician in
- Be prepared to answer the phone. Many technicians call or text when they’re on the way
- If you rent, make sure you have permission to have your system serviced
- Have information on all prior services performed on your system readily available
- Be prepared to make a payment to the technician
A proper cleaning will help reduce the air pollution in your home while improving
your indoor air quality, so book your furnace and duct cleaning with A-1 Heating today.