Why You Should Add Furnace and Duct Cleaning to Your Spring Cleaning To-Do List
In springtime, your furnace may be the last thing on your mind. Your duct system, hidden behind your walls, is almost always a case of “out-of-sight, out-of-mind.” Still, keeping these important parts of your home comfort system clean, with regular furnace and duct cleaning, gives you and your family some excellent benefits.
Advantages of Keeping Ductwork and Heating Equipment Clean
Proper maintenance of your home’s HVAC system is both crucial and fairly simple for St. Albert area homeowners. Professional furnace and duct cleaning is as easy as a phone call to your local home comfort contractors at A-1. Our professional maintenance, as well as furnace and duct cleaning:
- Improves indoor air quality by removing debris that would otherwise be recirculated in your home’s air supply.
- May diminish allergy symptoms like sneezing, dry throat, headaches, fatigue.
- Helps clear lingering musty smells from the home. (Dirty air ducts may contain mold, insects, pet dander and other odorous substances. If someone in your home is a smoker, these odors may also linger in air duct debris.)
- Cleans the air for improved, more restful sleep.
- Eliminates excess airborne dust, which typically lands on your furniture and home surfaces. Clean ducts may mean you’ll need to clean your home less often.
- Clears out debris from remodeling projects, which can be unhealthy to breathe, such as sawdust, carpet fibers and more.
- Keeps furnace equipment components dust free for continued energy efficient performance and longer equipment life. (Dirt in the equipment can slow operation and increase wear-and-tear, leading to frequent repairs and/or early replacement.)
How Often Should Furnace and Duct Cleaning Be Done?
The ideal frequency of furnace and duct cleaning depends upon a number of factors, such as:
- The number of residents in your home.
- Whether you have pets and how many.
- Whether you've had your Edmonton area home remodeled recently.
- Whether you have allergy sufferers or anyone with a lung ailment in your home.
- Whether you have children and/or seniors living in your home, who are typically more vulnerable to the effects of poor indoor air quality.
Do I Need Duct Cleaning This Year?
When we come out to safety check and service your heating system each year (annual scheduled furnace maintenance), that is a perfect time to have your duct system inspected and evaluated. Then, we can tell you if duct cleaning would benefit you at that time. We generally recommend duct cleaning every 2-3 years. If you're due for furnace and duct cleaning, or have questions, contact A-1 Heating in St. Albert, today.